Why choose aluminum?
- Most owners are not going to be using their trailer daily. While your trailer is not in use and sitting, steel trailer owners have to be concerned about their investment rusting away.
- Lightweight: Aluminum is much more practical to pull .
- Steel requires maintaining the paint finish, which can get expensive. When a steel surface is scratched it is vulnerable to rust. Aluminum is resistant to rust.
- In the event repair is needed, steel repair can be very expensive. If steel bends, it typically likes to stay bent.
- Enjoy a smoother ride when choosing aluminum
Features of Custom Classic:
- (.100) Smooth Aluminum Bumper Pull – Competitors often use .040 or .050. Our material can be welded, theirs has to be riveted. Welding has the benefit of adding strength while riveting doesn’t.
- Double Tongue Construction – competitors often use single, ours are made with 2 x 4 x .25 material.
- Extruded Hinges – Finished with a high quality die, bronze bushings, zero thread inside of thread – all made this way to avoid a sloppy hinge later
- Framed Roof Vents – Add strength and help eliminate roof vibrations when open.
- Side Ramp Door – Stainless springs with (4) hinges – help ensure a long life, which you don’t typically have with only have 2 aluminum spring hinges
- Double Rear Corner Post – Using a 2 x 4 x .25 corner with 20″ OC Roof bows, often others will use a single 2 x 4 x 1/8″ corner post
- Fenders enclosed with liners – Less damage from ice and snow as well as less corrosion.
Take a look further at our photos and specifications, call if you have any questions
Gene 319.635.2751 Lucas 319.238.0840
|Standard Specifications||Optional Specifications|
|Length||16’||Length||12’ – 18’|
|Width||6’ 8”||Width||7’, 7’ 6”, 8”|
|Height||6’ 6”||Height||7’, 7’ 6”, 8”|
|Nose Configuration||6’ 6”||Nose Configuration||6’ 6”|
|Center Gate||One (1) w/ Swing Walk Thru DoorHold Up Blocks – Open & Shut PositionsHD Slam Latch – Cast AluminumOutside Slam Latch Release HandleFour (4) HD Extruded Hinges w/ Replaceable Brass Bushings and Stainless Steel Bolt||Center Gate||Slider DoorAir Gaps per Customer’s RequestLo Pro Center Gates|
|Escape Door||RH 30” WidePressure Latch-Cast Aluminum||Escape Door||LH Side Up to 48” WideAccess Hole to Latch from insude|
|Rear Gate||Single Swing Gate w/ Slider DoorFive (5) HD Extruded Hinges w/ Replaceable Brass Bushings and Stainless Steel BoltCam Latch w/ Safety ChainTwo Top Air Gaps||Rear Gate||Double Swing (Both Ways) w/ Slider DoorDouble Rear DoorsFull Rear Door (No Slider Door or Air Gaps)|
|Side Walls||1/8” Extruded 6005A Panels1”x2-1/2” Side Posts on 16” Center1”x5” Side Posts at Gate LocationsTwo (2) Top Air Gaps – Approx. 5-1/2” Wide||Side Walls||Air Gaps per Customer Request|
|Floor||Traction Floor – Extruded 1-3/4”x8” Interlocking||Floor||Crimped Extruded Floor|
|Axles||Two (2) Dexter 3,500# on 12’ – 14’ Trailers, Electric Brakes, Grease Hubs, ST225/75Rx15 Tires, Steel WheelsTwo (2) Dexter 6,000# on 16’-18’ TrailersElectric Brakes, Grease Hubs, 235/80Rx16 Tires, Steel Wheels||Axles||Easy Lube HubsChrome Hub and Nut CoversAluminum Wheels Stainless Steel Simulators|
|Fenders||Smooth Teardrop Fenders||Fenders||Diamond Tread Teardrop on 6’ 6” WideBoard Fenders on 7’ Wide Trailers5” Smooth Fenders on 7’ 6” Wide Trailers2” Smooth Fenders on 8’ Wide Trailers|
|Vents||Two (2) Top 5-1/2” Air Gaps||Vents||Multiple Air Gaps per Customer RequestOptional Bottom 3” Air Gap – No ChargeTwo Way Roof Vents|
|Vent Covers||Vent Covers||Lexan in Any or All Side and Rear Air GapsHinged Aluminum Cover PanelsNon-Hinged Panels Attached w/ Screws|
|Lights||·One (1) Interior Light w/ SwitchTwo (2) LED Stop/Turn/Tail Lights on Rear2” Round LED Rear Marker Lights¾” LED Button Side and Front Marker Lights Three Center Front Marker LightsTwo Marker Lights Down Each Side||Lights||Two (2) Back Up Lights – 6” LED OvalTwo (2) Rear Load Lights – 6” LED OvalSide Roof Rail LightsAbove or Below Fender Marker/Turn LightsAdditional ¾” LED Side Marker Lights|